Sunday, Oct 28, 2018 ~ Mark 6:45-52
- Relate a time you have seen someone (maybe yourself) calm, or try to calm, a stormy situation. How did it turn out?
- Have you ever felt like you were “straining at the oars” because “the wind was against you”?
- Did Jesus bring grace & peace to those in the boat? How?
- In Matt 5:9 Jesus says that peacemakers are blessed. From God’s perspective what does it mean to be a peacemaker?
- Who do you allow to “climb into your boat” during life’s storms? Friends who tell you what you want to hear? Someone who has been through a storm like yours? One who says “keep looking at Jesus”?
- When you climb into someone else’s “boat” do you just help them strain at the oars, or do you bring God’s peace?
(Message brought by Charlie Carnes)