1) When have you been a victim of the eighth commandment?
2) When have you broken it?
3) According to Malachi 3:6-11 how is God robbed?
4) What is the Lord’s attitude on robbery in Isaiah 61:8?
5) Jesus was crucified between 2 robbers (Matthew 27:38) but says he is the opposite in John 10:10. What are your thoughts?
6) According to Paul in Ephesians 4:28 what is the robber to do?
7) If much of this commandment is focused on the theft of the person (Deuteronomy 24:7), is this more or less an issue today?
8) The eighth commandment also applies to:
- Private property ownership (Deuteronomy 19:14, 27:17)
- Lending practices (Deuteronomy 24:10)
- Wages owed to a worker (24:14)
- Work owed to an employer (Galatians 6:4, 1 Thessalonians 4:11, Colossians 3:23)
- Treatment of intellectual property
How are we doing with these 5 today?