Sunday, Mar 4, 2018 ~ 1 Samuel
- Read the first Jonathan story from 1 Samuel 13:22-14:52. What do you learn? According to 14:7 how was Jonathan’s relationship with his young armor bearer? What kind of a sign do they look for? Compare the character of Jonathan with his father’s (v. 49).
- In 18:1-4 & 19:1-7 what did Jonathan and David have in common to make them so close? Have you ever had a friend like this?
- In chapters 19 & 20 how does Jonathan balance his allegiance between the two anointed of the Lord, his evil father and the godly David?
- In 23:15-18 describe the relationship between Jonathan, David & God.
- In 31:2 what did his loyalty to his father cost Jonathan?
- Read 2 Samuel 1:26. How is Jonathan a Christ figure?
- List at least three things you learned about Jonathan through this sermon.