Sunday, August 18th, 2019
- Why do you suppose Mark puts the story in verse 3 between verses 1 & 10? Who should understand but doesn’t, versus who does understand?
- What expense have you gone to in your worship/devotion of Jesus?
- What does Jesus mean in verse 7? Isn’t helping the poor always close to Jesus’ heart?
- “She did what she could.” What else could she have done with this resource? Why do others criticize what she did while they do nothing?
- Have you done what you could or less than (v. 10-11), or are you still just talking about what could be done (v. 31) or what others are not doing (v.29)?
- What does Jesus do for us that only he could do (v.22, 24)?
- Why do you suppose Mark leaves many actors in his narrative anonymous (v.3, 13, 47, 51)?