Sunday, August 11th, 2019
CHURCH ON THE MOUNTAIN
- What fears are you currently wrestling with? What was the cause of the disciples anxiety?
- Why does Jesus tell them these alarming things before they happen (v.7,11,23)?
- What are we to do with this information? (circle in your bible the words “watch” and “guard” in this chapter)
- Does v.10 seem out of place? Why is it there (see v.27 too)?
- Are our current days better or worse than the former days according to v.19? Is it encouraging that we will face nothing worse than what Christ followers have already faced?
- Verses 14-23 were fulfilled before A.D. 70. Verses 24-27 await fulfillment. Which seems worse? While we live in scary times are we to be on the offense or defense?
- If you or someone you know is struggling with fear/anxiety, spend some time in Psalm 91 this week (maybe memorize it).