Sunday, Dec. 17 ~ Hope!
- Read/tell the Mary and the angel story in Luke 1:26-56.
- In what season of your life are you most hopeful? When have you been most cynical?
- Why did Gabriel come to Mary? How does her response differ from her uncle’s?
- Why is Christmas such a hopeful time?
- Why do you suppose Mary went to visit Elizabeth (1:39)?
- How different were Mary’s hopes before and after Gabriel’s visit? How did the things you hoped for change before and after you met Christ (Isa. 40:31, Heb. 6:18-19, 1 Cor. 15:19, 1 Thes. 4:13)?
- How is hope different than wishful thinking?