Give It A Rest!
Sunday, December 4, 2016 ~ Leviticus 24 & 25
- Why do you suppose the oil was brought daily in 24:3? Why bring the bread weekly in 24:8?
- Why do you suppose the blasphemer’s lineage is noted in 24:10? How compatible is cursing with holiness?
- Define justice according to 24:17-23.
- Describe the Sabbath day, year and Sabbath of Sabbath years.
- Where do we tend to violate 25:17?
- Why do you suppose that redemption is different in an urban context vs a rural one? Lev 25:29-31
- How are the poor and vulnerable treated according to chapter 25?
- How is Jesus our daily light, our weekly bread, our Sabbath rest and even our Year of Jubilee? Luke 4:18-19
- The Liberty Bell that rests in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is inscribed with 25:10. How has this verse influenced our country? How/why do we do things differently than this chapter describes?