Sunday, March 18, 2018 ~ David, Part II
- Knowing what you know of relationships in David’s day, how can the love and oneness of a friend like Jonathan be better than the love of a spouse? (2 Sam 1:26)
- What was positive and negative in David’s marriage with his first wife Michal? (1 Sam 18, 19, 25:44, 2 Sam 3:13-14, 2 Sam 6)
- Discuss the Abigail story in 1 Sam 25. Who in this chapter has the most integrity? How do you honor someone that doesn’t deserve it?
- The other 5 wives were for political ties or for having more kids. Do you know of any marriages of convenience or utility today?
- Bathsheba’s story is in 2 Sam 11. Though David treated Bathsheba’s dad and husband very badly, how did he treat her? Was Bathsheba’s role passive or active?
- How do you suppose the wives felt when Abishag was brought in in 1 Kings 1:3?
- Do we expect the next generation to have better or worse relationships than ours?