King David’s Children ~ Samuel & Kings
- Give a modern example of 1 Kings 1:6 and an opposite example.
- What happens when moms/step-mom get over-involved? (1 Kings 2:17)
- How should David have gotten involved with Absalom (2 Sam 14:23)? With Amon (2 Sam 13:20)? With Adonijah (1 Kings 1:5-6)? With Solomon (1 Kings 1:18)? With Tamar (2 Sam 13:21)? How do you need to get involved with each of your kids?
- Solomon had to clean up his father’s messes to establish his throne in the second half of 1 Kings 2. What issues have you inherited that you have to resolve to establish your life?
- How does Jesus, the son of David (Matt. 1:1) reconcile the family mess?