Sunday, August 16th, 2020
1) In what ways do people seek out your advice? What is a memorable piece of advice you have been given in the past?
2) Chapter 2 of 1 Kings is David’s final words to his son before he dies. Do you think it is good advice? What do you think your final advice will be to those you leave behind?
3) How do the things that you say and do “show what you’re made of” (1 Kings 2:2-3 MSG)?
4) In the first part of 1 Kings 2, David’s advice is very God honoring, but the chapter ends with David demanding revenge on his enemies. How often does your own interests reflect or twist your prayers and advice?
5) How is last week’s message of thankfulness directly tied to 1 Kings 2 (Philippians 4:4-9)?